5.10.2008

"MARRIED DAY"

TobyMac Concert 2008

Today is what Rachel calls our"Married Day!"

We usually try to do something but we have a rodeo and
this is his "call weekend", so we will have to catch up later.

Every year I sit and try to see if I can remember what I did and
where I was before I met him.

Every year it gets harder and harder.
Sometimes I think it is just age,and then if I will listen really hard
I will hear God saying"and the two shall become one."

Maybe that's why. Because when we were two, we were not as good,
times were not as good, life was not as good.

I love my husband.

I love to look at him. I love to talk to him, I love to listen to him.
I love the way he loves me and our children, and how he works
so hard to give us a good life.

I love that on some Sundays when I am So exhausted that I can
barely get out of bed, He gets up-before everyone else- and drives
across town to get the kids"Church Do-nuts", so that I won't have
to stress about feeding 7 people in 20 minutes, and we will ALL
make it to church.

I love the fact that I can leave for the grocery store, come home and hear
the dishwasher running, because he has loaded it for me.

I love that he knows that I have this "super power" ability to
wake up a "different person", every single day, and he loves
every single one of them.

I love the fact that I can have this crazy list full of things
I want us to do while on this earth, and he just smiles and says,"O.K."

I love the fact that he knows my family is crazy and he loves them ALL
in spite of it.

I love the fact that he "just knew" that his father would love me.

I love the fact that he takes pride in being the"Big Brother" that my little
brothers never had, and that he loves their children like they are his own.

I love the fact that he can sit and listen to me rant and rave like a lunatic
over some event that I have deemed "catastrophic", and he calmly helps
me to see"the other side".

I love it when he sees my "rebellious alter-ego" rearing its ugly head, and
he gently reminds me that IT usually gets me into trouble.

I love the fact that he prays with our babies until they are old enough to
understand prayer and do it on their own.

I love the fact that he is teaching our boys to be men, but he still kisses
them good-night.

I love the fact that he attends a thousand "Barbie tea parties" a week,
and has no problem being the voice of the 'Daddy' when the doll house
comes out.

I love that out of all the girls in the whole wide world he chose me.

He said that when he saw me, he knew. I don't know why ..But I am thankful,
Because when I saw him...I knew ,too.

Blessed Beyond Words.

Peace.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I just love this post! I don't know about you, but I tend to forget all those things I appreciate about my husband until I start to write them down or speak them out loud.
    It's easy to remember the list of "honey-do's" that he hasn't done. It's not always easy to remember the reason you fell in love in the first place and the way God matched you together perfectly.
    Thanks for reminding me to appreciate the man I have!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAAwwwww how so so sweet!!!

    Happy Married Day!!!

    hugz!!!!

    The photos I have seen you guys together you look like a match made in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you love your husband so much. :)

    It's a beautiful thing to see love GROW with time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just came across your blog! What an awesome post.

    Blessings,

    Ohilda

    ReplyDelete