12.01.2008

Gingerbread


We started decorating gingerbread houses when Caleb and Layton were little.


The kids look forward to spending this time together, and I love watching them.



The older kids are getting pretty good at it.


The younger ones are still trying to talk me into letting
them eat the gingerbread instead of decorate it.


Ben is trying to figure out how to make hedges out of gumdrops.


Rachel & Mary made trees.


Riley and Hannah work really well together,
which amazes everyone because they are total opposites.


Layton & Ben are happy with what they have accomplished!


Just precious.



If I could make a wish it would be that these kids
are still doing this 20 years from now.

Wouldn't that be cool?

Peace.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like fun.

    Yes, it would be cool if your kids were to still be making gingerbread houses in 20 years. My girl is gonna live at home with us forever. We discussed it last night.

    My word verification is "gases". What is with that? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a neat tradition! i would love to start a gingerbread house tradition. i just don't know where to start. can you buy kits? do you make everything yourself? (we're not so into baking around here, if you couldn't tell by my questions! LOL)

    what amazing memories for your kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacy found these kits at Wal-Mart. You can get them at Toys R Us and at the grocery store...I think.
    I have no idea how to make gingerbread, AND I figure if I tried to make it and it was a bust the kids would be all sad and stuff..so I just buy it.
    Go get ya one. The kids will have a blast. I think it is fun to.

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. THE ELLIEWOOD CLUBHOUSEDecember 2, 2008 at 8:52 AM

    What a fun tradition! It is one we love, too! The gingerbread houses look awesome! And I love the little girls TREES! What a great idea! Have fun making holiday memories! love, the Lamberts

    ReplyDelete