6.25.2008

Music Lessons.................



OK- Let me start by saying that my brother and sister-in-law
are soooo lucky that they have access to a piano, because they
would be purchasing one in the very near future, otherwise.


First day. Never had lesson before this. Piece of cake for both of them.


They have both played through the first 3 songs in the
book and this is only day 2.


Today- we had intro to acoustic guitar.

Rachel and Mary Elizabeth(who had changed into her striped
Hannah Anderson PJ's for the lesson) are on each side of me with
Bongos and Tambourines.


They learned G, F, and D7 chords and will learn 3 more
tomorrow.


They both LOVE the piano and the guitar and
have promised to practice if I let them borrow the guitars.


I wish you could have seen their little faces when they hit
that first chord and it was like mine. Precious!


If you'll notice , Hannah now has my guitar......
She didn't think hers"sounded right". Hmmm...

Tomorrow- it is Violin and Flute, and Caleb is going
to give a Mandolin intro.

I'm not really sure how he plans to do that since he won't
let anyone else TOUCH his mandolin.

Should be interesting.

I tried to post the video of the girls playing the piano for their
Mom and Dad. I guess it was too long.

I'll try again later.

Peace.

4 comments:

  1. Ok, so how do you know all these instruments? I would love to be able to teach my kids all that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Cassie!
    Some of them I played growing up.
    Others, like the vioin, banjo and
    mandolin, I have learned to play as an adult(22+). I would probably be REALLY good if I would just stick to ONE, instead I piddle with ALL of them.
    It helps me to help the kids and they see me do it, and they know that they can do it,too. If I can pick something up and play it-Just because I want to- then they know that they can do it ,too.
    Learn to play the piano , first.
    Then you can read the music for ANY other instrument. All you have to do is learn to place your fingers where they go. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheesh. Ya'll should be in a movie. My life looks boring now. :)

    r

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are THE most talented woman i know! if china doesn't work out for you, maybe you'd consider adopting me!

    ReplyDelete