
Sometime last week, Our social decided that she "did not feel up to completing /revising a Hague home study".
Yep- you read that correctly.
Can a person do that??
Well yes, apparently they can.
Not sure where we stand now.
We have an agency trying to fix things, a Un-revised HS sitting at the state level, and a file on some desk with our government holding almost a thousand dollars of our money that I am SURE they aren't interested in refunding.
I am trying to be patient and understanding and considerate and.....blah , blah, blah...When what I really am is ANGRY.
So angry that I am ready to call my agency( who is trying their best to FIX this mess)and BAG the whole thing....which will leave my family heartbroken, because we have already prepared our hearts for a new arrival AND two more children STILL waiting for a home to call their own.
Cannot make sense of it all...no matter how hard I try.
Not HAPPY today.
no way! it seems to me many hs agencies are backing out these days. remember summer of 2009 - ours did! and look what god did - he brought our treasures home anyway. i'm praying for you, sweet friend. praying our awesome agency has a solution for you .... like yesterday!
ReplyDeletelove you!
I just read today that nothing happens to us by chance. I came home,. almost stabbed myself with a knife then three seconds later, squirted orange juice in my eye, so wondered...that said, I am So sorry tough day and frustration off the charts. Deep breathes?
ReplyDeleteLOVEd my comment. I have been thinking of you all since i read the Blog of the 16 yr old bailey thinking she and Caleb would probably like to be emailing each other and also that she might like to know about your home school prom since that seems to be her greatest lament. If its ok I will give her your link...
Britt is so excited to get to Ole Miss and I just..well, can I say 'love' again// thinking that you all are so close. It would be amazing if the tow of them finally got to meet face to face after these years of us ta;lking about them,...And I would love Britton to meet amazing, hilarious, adorable you too and the sisters! okay, everybody!
LOve all your special, amazing family!
I'm sorry to hear this. Our home study held us up months on this adoption, so I understand your frustration-there were times when I thought and they thought that it wasn't going to get done. Does the home study agency have another social worker who could complete the home study revisions for you? Or are they a one social worker agency?
ReplyDeleteRuby
WOW- that's unbelieveable. Honestly, it's hard to imagine doing it all over again with the added stress of the Hague stuff.....I have not yet heard one single positive thing about it yet, but how a HS agent who is PAID to do this can say she's not up to it seems CRAZY! Shouldn't she just be fired?
ReplyDeleteOy vey. Prayin' for you!
What's the update on this? I saw you got your fingerprints?! CRAZY people!! THIS is why people don't adopt - honestly - too stressful :)
ReplyDelete