11.02.2008

**UPDATED** Prayer Request from Starfish Home! PLEASE PRAY FOR LITTLE BELLA




**UPDATED**
Starfish Foster Home Newsletter

Trip to Hefei

First, I would like to thank you all so very much for all the emails I received. The amount of prayers for Bella was just amazing. I so appreciate your concern for this baby who was in such tremendous need, a child you do not know and so your responses were very special to me.

I am so thankful to have been part of her short time on earth. About the last half and hour on the plane, I could tell that she was not doing well. I could see that her little spirit was fighting so hard. It was such a spiritual experience for me and I sat on the plane stroking her head and face and knowing that her time was coming to an end. She was so incredibly brave and I was so in awe of her. I prayed so hard that she would not die on the plane but that once we got to the hospital there would be doctors that would be able to help her. My prayers were answered. The Love Without Boundaries doctors and nurses were there and I am so grateful for their help. The tumor on her face was really fast growing and had already destroyed her jaw bone. I do not think there is much anyone could have done for her. I learned that she came from another province and that her parents had come to Xian to find some medical help for her. She was abandoned last week Wednesday and I found her on Friday. I have thought a lot about her family in these last few hours.

As with many experiences there are some sweet that comes with the bitter. I would like to think that Bella's legacy would be bringing a group of people together from all across China and the US for a few hours, in which time we made some plans on how to help children in the future. Decisions that will have some future benefit for other children, even if we could not do much for her. I made a lot of new contacts and got information that will help babies at Starfish get medical care. That is always a quest for me: Finding good doctors.




Please Pray for Bella
November2,2008

Last week we found Bella in the orphanage.
As you can see from her picture she is in need of some serious help. I am sending you the picture so that you can pray for this child. Dr Lisa Buckmiller and a team of medical staff should have arrived here this morning and I am on my way with Bella to go and find them . That in itself is such a miracle, the timing could not have been better. Please pray that Dr Lisa can find the solutions to help Bella. I know that Dr Lisa is not prepared to do something like this and I know that this would take a considerable amount of planning but I pray that she will be guided to find the right answer. The growth has already enlarged in the last few days and her eye cannot open anymore.
Life, Love and Laughter,
Amanda
Starfish Foster Home

New Website:
www.thestarfishfosterhome.orghttp://chinesestarfish.blogspot.com chinese.starfishthrower@gmail.com

5 comments:

  1. i was not expecting to see that and i gasped out loud.

    poor little thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry.
    Some of these SN pictures are a little shocking.
    I cannot imagine letting a baby get to this point.
    Probably another thing we ALL need to pray for.

    A

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will absolutely pray for Bella! My heart aches for these babies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I woke up this mornings and thought I'd ask if you minded if i helped you with this. Our sermon yesterday was all about this. Besides, i have a frivolous post coming up and needed a balance! haha
    kidding. THis will probably spread quickly in this community! God Bless you Andrea!!

    ReplyDelete