1.27.2011

FREE TIME



What is that?
Oh Yes..I remember.
That is when I lay everything else aside and spend time watching my little ones play and grow.

It seems that the older I get, the less free time I have..when really, shouldn't it be the other way around?

A few months ago we were watching old home videos and Rachel yells, "Is THAT a kitten in the house?!?! You let them have a kitten in the house?!?! You never let us have animals in the house!!! Why did they get one?!?"

That rant was followed by Mary yelling,"FINGER PAINT!" and "They are playing in the rain in their CLOTHES and getting ALL WET!""

Then Rachel looks at me and says, "Why don't we get to have fun like that?"

She is right. Caleb, Hannah, and Ben got the "FUN PARENT" and the rest of the kids are getting what is left over when I finish doing what everyone else needs me to do OR thinks I should be doing.

So I have written my OTHER activities down.
I have scratched through "What I can live without" and "What can live without me".

I do not know if this will make me " a FUN parent ", again...but it's a start.

We'll See.

PEACE.

No comments:

Post a Comment